Baking Round Two of “Princess and the Frog’s” Beignets – Week Six

For my sixth week of baking/recreating Disney desserts, I baked round two of the Disney movie Princes and the Frog’s beignets. Round two was by far easier than round one, since I already had the dough made, and I wasn’t going into this baking process completely blind and without the experience of frying food. Obviously the hardest struggle was frying the beignet because even though I had done this once before, I’m always going to get nervous when dealing with hot oil. The second struggle was the dough was still a bit sticky, so that’s always annoying. My third and final struggle was I didn’t know what size to cut the dough into for frying, so I had my mentor (my dad) help me get back onto the right track, and he also helped me with the whole frying process. By far the easiest achievement was sprinkling a bit of powdered sugar on top, and along with drizzling some honey atop the beignet. Finally the best achievement was eating the beignet, and it actually tasting good, fluffy, and like a beignet should (not still doughy/raw on the inside). Overall I’d say this recipe was the most exciting to make because I got to fry food for the first time, I felt like I was one of those donut makers, and it was of course the tastiest out of them all. My second favorite was probably Brave’s iced rolls, and third was Wreck it Ralph’s “You’re My Hero” sugar cookies. I leave off on this project with accomplishing all of my recipes.