If a Seventh Grader was Principal For the Day

I have been told I am to be the principal of my school for the day! I have a lot of great ideas! First I would make passing periods seven minutes. With this time, you are able to either finish an assignment before a class, eat something, go get your water bottle filled up, or go to the bathroom. Plus, you and me both know that it takes you at least five minutes to get to the restroom, find an open stall, go to the bathroom, wash your hands, and go back to class. Also what if your classroom is far away from the bathroom. Seven minutes is the perfect passing period time. The second thing I would do is have a normal school day be from nine-thirty to three-thirty. Normal schools start way to early, and it is so important for student at this age (especially since we’re growing) to get a lengthy amount of sleep each night. This schedule will make our students more energized, motivated, and ready to learn when they walk into their classrooms. Thirdly, I would have school run from September, 1st to June, 1st. In my opinion, school starting in August is ridiculous. August is the perfect time in summer for traveling (June is gloom, and July is alright), so people should be using their free time in August instead of in school. The fourth thing I would do, would be to lessen the extreme of dress coding. Girls would not be allowed to wear a strapless shirt, shirts that go past your breast area, shorts or skirts that are higher than mid-high thigh, and no see through clothing. Boys would no be allowed to wear any see through clothing, nor shorts that go past mid-high thigh. Hats, beanies, hoods, makeup, crop tops, shorts, etc would be allowed. The fifth and final thing that I would do if I was principal for a day would be to allow phones during break and lunch. Students should be able to use their phone during lunch or snack because it’s their personal property, and they can do whatever they want during their free time on their phones. EXCEPT take pictures of other students without their consent. There will be a strict rule for that. These are the five things I would allow/disallow if I was principle of a school for one day.