Planning and Baking Wreck it Ralph’s Hero Sugar Cookies – 20% Project, Week 1

Hello! My name is Lyla, for my 20% project, I chose to learn how to bake/replicate Disney movie desserts (I chose to replicate Brave’s iced rolls, Princes and the Frog’s beignets, and Wreck it Ralph’s “You’re My Hero” sugar cookies). This week my goal was to bake one of my desserts: Wreck it Ralph’s “You’re My Hero” sugar cookies. I accomplished this goal by planning out my ingredients, planning out my baking day, and planning on how I would go about the baking day (ex:what time, who helps, etc) a little bit last week, and all this week. Specifically, I looked up recipes for this dessert on Pinterest, YouTube, and Google to find the perfect/doable one, and I found a video on YouTube (created by Rosanna Pansino) that perfectly helped me achieve my goal. I watched it several times, wrote down the ingredients on my notes app, and went to the store (with my mom/mentor) to obtain these ingredients. Making the sugar cookie dough/cookies itself was definitely an easy accomplishment, but icing the cookies was another story. I definitely had a hard time with icing/icing the letters onto my cookies (and would consider it one of my biggest struggles so far), though I had my dad/mentor (I have two mentors) help me out by showing me an example on how he would ice the cookies (along with tips and tricks), which helped me get back onto the right track. I left off with completing one of the three recipes that I wanted to replicate, so by the end of this week or next week is when I’ll have all my plans for the next recipe done. Hopefully, I’ll be ready to bake the next recipe by the end of next week, or the following week. Thanks for reading, see you next week!!!